Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day!




This past Saturday, the weather channel was predicting 2-4 inches of snow, which was supposed to begin early afternoon and continue through part of the night. As is typical of most Southerners, I was skeptical that much of any snow would accumulate. I was obviously very wrong as we ended up with somewhere between 7-12 inches of snow in our yard.....depending on where you measured. On Sunday morning, David went outside to take some pictures of the snow around our yard. Raleigh, our dog, about went crazy when David went outside! She wanted to play in the mysterious white powdery stuff. David picked Raleigh up, took her outside, and put her paws down in the snow. Raleigh got extremely excited and let us know she wanted to play! We put her leash on and let her run around for a few minutes. After tromping through snow that was deeper than her legs were long, Raleigh enjoyed coming inside and warming up by the fire (smart dog!!). I couldn't help but think about how excited our son will get when he is old enough to play in the snow. When that happens, David and I will no longer be able to play outside for a few minutes and then be content to come in, warm up, and enjoy the view out the window; instead, I'm sure we'll be outside for hours making snowmen, snow angels, and throwing snowballs.
Baby decided to weather the snow in my warm belly :-). Hopefully, the next post will announce his birth.....keep checking back!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the BABY!!!!!! I am so excited for you, I didn't even know that you were pregnant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow was crazy intense snow. But at night, things got WICKED in the lowspots! Near the end of your driveway I almost fell every time I came and went - and I KNEW it was slick! If this ever happens again, and if I don't get banned from your house, I'm bringing cleats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for baby! I am so glad he had a safe arrival! I am so glad David sent me your blog address! I will love hearing all about your life as a mom. Do you mind if I link you to my friends list?

    And as far as snow goes, yeah it is a weird year, we have had snow 3 times in the last week non really stuck at our house but it usually doesn't snow after the first few weeks of Jan. here.

    CONGRATULATIONS on baby again, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete