Sunday, February 22, 2009

Final Nursery Preparations


David and my Dad made Baby's changing table last week. They cut the boards one day; assembled the boards, sanded, and painted the table with primer the next day; and David painted the table the following day. I am very happy with how the changing table turned out!! I'm sure that Baby will appreciate the fine craftsmanship and time and effort put in by Grandad and Dad each and every time we change his diaper.

Well, I'm 39 1/2 weeks now.....Baby is welcome to come at any time (are you listening, Baby??). David and I took this picture in our backyard at dusk today. It's crazy and exciting to think that, before long, our little son will be running around the yard and learning to play catch with Dad.

My parents gave David and me my Grandad's baby bowl. The bowl is engraved with my Grandad's initials and birthdate and various nursery rhyme characters. This gift is so special to us! Although Grandad ate his cereal out of this bowl, I think we will use it solely for decorative purposes.

A few months ago, Baby's room had a cream-colored ceiling and walls that were a yellowish-tan. David painted the ceiling white and the walls a pastel blue color. Papa Smurf and Lowly Worm are keeping watch over the nursery, eagerly awaiting the arrival of a friend to play with them.

I chose a red gingham bedding and farm animals/animals accents (wall hangings, mobile, etc.). Doesn't the changing table look great?! My favorite part about the changer is that there is room beside the changing pad to put diapers and wipes (almost every changing table I found online or in stores that wasn't a dresser/changer combo didn't have enough room on top for anything other than the pad).

This picture came from a vintage reading lesson book and hung in my siblings' and my nursery when we were babies.
David's parents let us pick out a rocking chair for the nursery as their main baby gift to us. We picked an indoor/outdoor style that is made from Brazilian Cherry wood. The chair arrived this week and required some assembly---David is becoming quite the expert at assembling furniture :)
Please pray with us as we prepare to welcome out son into the world and transition into our new role as parents! We hope that the next post will be to announce the birth of our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment