Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break

Enjoying the good life.....too bad John Harrison wouldn't take his naps on these pool beds


How can a liquid look so much like a solid??
After working 6-7 LONG days per week for nearly four and a half months, we packed our bags and headed to the Dominican Republican. We spent March 10-17 enjoying the Carribean sun :) with our precious son. I wanted to post a few pictures from the trip. The first day we arrived in the DR, I didn't know what to do with myself---I felt like I should be working. Never before have I had a problem relaxing as soon as I get to a vacation destination.......but, never before have I worked so much and so hard!! Our most relaxing time was while John Harrison took his naps (often on the beach!) and after John Harrison went down to sleep.
You know that you are in the Carribean when.....
1-You are allowed to bypass the extra "security" screening at the gate at the airport just because you have a baby
2-Your server asks if your baby wants a beer or cocktail with breakfast
3-The gate agents instruct passengers to board the plane from both the front and the back---with no regard to zones or rows (what a mess!!)
4-Natives go crazy over your fair-skinned, blond-haired, blue-eyed baby BOY
5-Non-potty trained babies are allowed to swim in the adult pools
By the way---At his one year check-up, John Harrison weighed 23 lbs 13 ozs and measured 31.5 inches tall!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you got a vacation!! hope all of that work comes to an end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you went to the DR! how funnnnnn! can't wait to see you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete