Thursday, March 4, 2010

Compared to Mommy.....

Catherine--less than one year old
John Harrison---11 months and change
What do you think---does John Harrison look like me (Catherine)?

Catherine at four months old

Catherine---a little over a year old
Our little boy is almost ONE! Here are some pictures of me when I was a baby.....I will also scan and upload some pictures of David when he was a baby. David and I both think that there is a lot of resemblance between John Harrison and me when I was a baby.
John Harrison is becoming very attached to his "baba" (bottle) since he only has "real" milk once per day now. His main words are "baba" and "mama." "Baba" can mean "bottle," "Raleigh," "ball," and a variety of unidentified objects or concepts. John Harrison is a skilled walker and loves to play. Last night, David and I took John Harrison up to the playroom and David pushed the Fisher Price corn popper around the room really fast---John Harrison loved laughing and running around chasing Dad. He even pushed the corn popper some when he could get it away from Dad:). John Harrison eats two to three "real food" meals each day--chunks of pear, peach, avocado, broccoli, and spinach. His favorite food seems to be fresh pear. I am hoping to introduce meat chunks soon.
In the next day or two, I will post some photos to recap John Harrison's first year. I am still trying to pick out what John Harrison will wear to his first birthday party. So many choices. No, I am not the mom who bought a fancy smocked jon-jon for my baby's first birthday---there are some adorable outfits out there, but for one, David wouldn't appreciate that type of outfit on our little boy too much ---and two, I think John Harrison will be much more comfortable. John Harrison will probably wear jeans or kahkis and a cute shirt and sweater or jacket. I'm sure we'll take plenty of pictures!

2 comments:

  1. he looks just like you!! but i knew that already!! luther looked just like my baby pictures too. especially right around his 1st birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. catherine! I haven't checked your blog in a while...he looks JUST like you in these pictures! wow. I can't believe how big his is!! :) Caroline

    ReplyDelete