Saturday, April 30, 2011

Vintage baby

rows of ruffles



While deciding what Elise was going to wear today, I came across this bubble/one-piece outfit that I had worn as a baby. It has quite a bit more lace and ruffles than I like on baby girl clothes, but I still thought it was cute and nostalgic. Most of the baby clothes my mom saved are smocked dresses my Grandmother made for my sister and me (starting when my sister was just a few weeks old). I ordered some cute bloomers so Elise is all set to wear one of these smocked dresses to church on Sunday---pictures to come! I wore smocked dresses frequently from the time I was a newborn through when I was in 5th grade. Ok, now looking back, 5th grade seems so old to still be wearing smocked dresses....it may be hard to believe, but there were still a few of my friends in the 5th grade who still wore dresses or outfits that their moms made....times have changed!! Even though they aren't quite suited for 5th grade girls anymore, smocked dresses are still so classic---I think it is so cute for little girls to dress in an adorable smocked dress or outfit with a big grosgrain bow in their hair. Elise just doesn't have enough hair for the bow yet:). (Just FYI, Elise isn't as pale as the photos make her out to be...I am just getting used to the settings on my camera phone).

1 comment:

  1. pearl basically has had a different dress to wear every Sunday of her life thanks to all of the dresses my mom smocked for us 3 girls growing up. i love comparing the pictures of pearl and the pictures of me in the same dress!! it is so much fun to have a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete