Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finger-painting


John Harrison leaned down over his tray and so he made a mirror imprint on his chest of the paint on the paper:).
Thankfully, children's paint is non-toxic:)

I have been really enjoying spending everyday with John Harrison and being a full-time mom since my work obligations have really slowed down. Although John Harrison would spend every waking minute outside playing if the choice were up to him, the hot weather during the day just doesn't make that practical. We have been spending about 45 mins to an hour each in the morning and evening playing outside together, though, which John Harrison loves. Tonight I gave John Harrison a bath and then took him outside to play before bedtime and he decided to climb into the garden and play in the dirt....and even take a few bites of dirt. I sat down and played with him and then washed his face, mouth, arms, and legs off again after we went inside.
Anyways, I have been trying to think of other ways to fill our time during the day and remembered my friend Carlyn posting about her daughter finger painting around 18 months. So, I ordered some fingerpaint, toddler sized paint brushes, and a sketch pad from Amazon. Everything arrived today and so I stripped John Harrison down to his diaper, put him in his high chair, and taped a piece of sketch paper to his chair tray. Although he didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped, he played around some in the paint with his fingers and the brush and, of course, got paint all over himself. The masterpieces have dried and will be auctioned in Paris next week....just kidding....I may put one of the "paintings" in John Harrison's baby book and make the other one into a card for a family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment