Sunday, January 17, 2010

Walking progress update









My parents came over to babysit John Harrison yesterday so I could work. Yes, work on a Saturday . . . I wasn't too thrilled either, but I am working against some deadlines and needed to have a productive day.
I had grand plans of sleeping in this morning (church doesn't start till 10). John Harrison woke up around 5:20am. I brought him back to bed and we both slept till about 6:30 (on and off)...then, he got restless, but I was able to coax him to sleep on and off till 7:15. I don't really know why I try so hard to remain in bed when I know I'm not getting quality sleep; there is just something inviting about a warm bed and uninviting about getting up when you are still really tired. Maybe I'll take a nap this afternoon while David watches the NFL playoffs---what a grand idea:).
Since John Harrison was our first and I have never spent all that much time around young babies, I had the misconception about babies that my baby would learn to crawl over a period of a few days. I had no idea that he would learn to crawl over a period of months. Well, going into walking, I knew that it would be a gradual process. John Harrison took his first step on January 5th but really didn't make too much progress for about a week and a half---he did take a few steps every now and then, but nothing too notable. On Friday, his walking really started to progress and he was taking steps more often and taking up to six at a time. It is so fun to see him gain more confidence. My moma took these pictures yesterday....enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. yay!! now you really have a troublemaker on your hands. pearl did the slow process on walking and crawling, but with luther it was just a sudden event for both. i just got your msg. i am going to call you back soon. miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Catherine, this is Kari formerly Noblett (from nursing school). I saw your comment on The Dawkins blog. We are friends of theirs from Southern Seminary. I thought that was you from your picture...small world! Looks like God has blessed you with a wonderful family. Good to reconnect with you!

    ReplyDelete